Wood Trim

Does anyone know where I can obtain the simulated wood trim for around the shift lever and door switches for an 1987 420 SEL? Also I'm looking for the plastic piece at the bottom left side of the driver's
seat.
Contact me at snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net
Thanks for your help Neal
Neal wrote:

SIMULATED wood trim, eh? Good luck with that!

I think the wood is actually real, not simulated. But anyway, the only 2 sources would be either MB or an auto salvage yard. Given that the car is relatively common, I would think you'd have a good chance finding it at a salvage yard, especially if you are patient. Try googling for used MB parts, etc.
Try ebay for used wood trim at good price. If you are handy, you can refinish your own wood... use chemical stripper to remove that hard finish... never sand or you will wipe those zebrano stripes away... or the burlwood... which ever one you have.
Restain it and use piano lacquer finish. Be sure to finish the underside with a sealer... anything to stop humidity from affecting the wood... which is why it cracked.
Oh... by the way, if you do have a crack... seal the wood before you stain it or otherwie your crack will be stained alot darker and you will see it.
"I'm looking for the plastic piece at the bottom left side of the driver's seat."
I bought the plastic piece for the bottom left side of the driver's seat on my 1987 300E at the dealer in 2003 for only $13.39. Could not believe it was so "cheap" at a dealership, I guess it is a rapidly moving regular replacement item.

Thanks for the input everyone. My search continues.
Neal

I thought there was someone out there on the web that was refinishing the real wood trim. I couldn't find it with Google, but I know he is (or was) out there!!
John
heritagewoodworks.com. Never use them but remember the name.
John Simpson wrote:

i buy similar pieces for a W201 years ago: http://myworld.ebay.com/hapo-design /
he sell full kits