worn out lining

I have a 5 year old Mercedes C200CDI.. More than one year ago i found the lining of the seat at the drivers site is in one place worn out. I complained to Mercedes about this lack of quality. But they seem to
consider this normal and do not want to do something about it. I had many cars but never had this kind of problem. Are there other people that have the same problem? So I could apply some more pressure. Thanks, Sylvain
Sylvestro wrote:

Likely to no avail. Virtually all Mercedes Driver's seats I have seen are worn in the back left (USA models!). I think it has to do with that comfortable contour in the seat which places wear on the material as the driver slides into the car.
Thanks for the reply.
You may be right about the reason why this is happening. So, I wrote this comment back to Mercedes, because I have also spoken to other customers here and they also consider it as a known "standard" Mercedes problem. Time that Mercedes quality control is going to do something about it. I told Mercedes customer support my next Mercedes will have to come with an extra guarantee for the seat. I would suggest that everybody would put this request in the contract when buying a new Mercedes. This would certainly help to get things moving for a better quality future. All the best Sylvain

I have a '94 SL320.
The driver's side seat bottom became un sewn along the middle row of stitching. A local upholstery shop re sewed it, traded places with the passenger side seat bottom, and now it looks like new again.
Canoli