Would a '85 190e transmission fit onto a '84 190e ??

Will an 1985 190e 2.3 trans fit onto a '84 2.3?? What are the differences?? Also, and as a backup plan, I have a donor '84 190d 2.2 engine/5 spd trans setup...has anyone ever made this gas to diesel swap? Any heads-up I should be aware of??? Thanks, Joe in Stafford Springs

Reply to
Joe Caneen

I think so, but have no hands on experience with this... Hopefully someone knows more about it. Regarding the Diesel swap, if you have a whole donor car and enough patience I think that will work also.

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Yes the tranny will fit.. I fitted the 88 2.3 tranny into an 84 with zero problem... All I had to swap out was the flex disc flange as the later one had a thicker one.

The diesel will fit right into the body with no problem... only thing you have to do is update the ignition lock module so it can turn on and off vacuum...

Reply to
Tiger