WW and double clutch Not Mercedes sorry

WW is about to come out with an improved Siroco with an optional double clutch and a top speed of 250 km/h I know what a kilometer is but what is double clutch?
On 20 Jul., 01:19, "John,A" <> wrote:

Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDK_ (Porsche_Doppelkupplungsgetriebe) and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct-Shift_Gearbox
Some people seem to have trouble finding Prof Google themselves.
DAS
"Juergen." < snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@y7g2000yqa.googlegroups.com...

To add to what Juergen has said, the double clutch works really well (my son has Gold GTI with the auto / paddle shift / double clutch system, which I have driven from north to south coast of France) and it gives fast, smooth shifts.
By the way John,A, it's VW and Scirocco not WW and Siroco.
All the best
Richard
--
http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk
A man's only as old as the woman he feels. - Groucho Marx 1890-1977