Year of Merger ?

When did Chrysler get involved with MB and what were there first collabrative models ?

I run an A-Class for the past 5 years and as my first Mercedes I am a little disappointed with the build quality. Although my dealer has put right any major faults I still consider the A-class product not up to my expectations of a Mercedes. My interest in the date and models is that I now would like to look at the options prior to Chrysler being involved

-- Len Turnbull

Reply to
940 Len

The A-class is *awful* - we test drove one, especially asking for a day long test drive (not just a 'round the block and sign on the order form here').

We gave the keys back after 30mins feeling nauseous.....

Reply to
Tosher

The A-class can't be called a real Mercedes.

Try something better, even a second-hand one, and it's likely you'll be more impressed. The C-class will do at a push, but the E-class is much better.

David

expectations

Reply to
David Lane

The purpose of the question was not to open a debate about the A-Class and its limitations and faults but to find out what date is a Pre-Chrysler Mercedes. I am interested in the 86-91 300 SE or SEL. Was this Pre-Chrysler days. Cheers

expectations

Reply to
940 Len

I believe the marger occurred around the winter span of 1999 and 2000.

Reply to
Michael J. Astrauskas

Post a picture of this garage of yours :)

cp

Reply to
cp