yet another 90 560 sel question

Will they ever end? I doubt it. There is a bottle that looks similar to a plastic mini beer keg under my hood. It is located near the front grill on
the left side of the vehicle (drivers side USA) It seems to be about the biggest fluid container under the hood, but it is empty and i don't know what to put in it. Can't seem to find a referance to it in my manual.... a little help please? (again!)
Aaron
I have an 89' 560 SEL. I believe what the container that you are referring to, is the fluid for you electro-mechanical rear suspension. Be VERY careful that you use an mb approved oil to fill up that reservoir. Also keep a close eye for any leaks. A friend of mine had an 88' SEL and the rear suspension went and they dealer or repair shop want between $2,500 to $3500. He sold the car. Btw since these rears aren't made any longer, the junk yard is where they (dealers & repair shops) get there's. They also give you the rear light guarantee, when your rear lights are out of view, the warranty is done.
Regards,
Bill

They are too still available, just at a price, the struts, hoses, accumulators, valves, pump, regulator & reservoir are all available new.