Yet another new old Mercedes Benz story...

Page 2 of 2

You flew from Texas to connecticut to buy a car? That seems rather insane to me.
They use road salt back east, so your new car is going to be a lot rustier then one from arizona or california.
I grew up in Buffalo NY and would NEVER buy a car from back east. I live in Seattle now, and there are a lot of cherry rust free older cars rolling around here.
It was not my intention to buy a car up north with road salts. The burgundy interior called out to me. I'm glad I got it, as the interior on this 13 year old car is flawless in my opinion. The rust bubbles is something I'll just have to get corrected. I had the car up on a lift today and I honestly don't see rust underneath in areas I've had on my other cars. The bottom of the doors inside the door jam area are in perfect shape too.
said:

That's good, I didn't mean to rain on your parade, but going from Texas to Connecticut freaked me out a bit ;~)
Yeah. Dallas & surrounding areas are typically a great concentration of good M-B used cars. There just wasn't anything listed on autotrader and/or the papers. That would have been allot easier a drive!