Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

Just curious: why do you have to make rude comments? Reflects more on you than anyone else? Perhaps you have limited vocabulary?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Beats me. All I know about new cars is what I see on Top Gear. I only know old cars.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

I have a limited vocabulary retard.

Reply to
Dogger

Tell us more about this "rich asian kid" that you know. How much money did (s)he make? Not sure if this subject is appropriate for these newsgroups though. (You should go to soc.* newsgroups - they're more fun if you want to discuss personal details!)

Reply to
RichAsianKid

A good site is autospies

Some say it'sbiased towards BMWs but I don't think so.

Reply to
RichAsianKid

A good site is autospies

Some say it'sbiased towards BMWs but I don't think so.

Reply to
RichAsianKid

A. There won't be an SLK63 for two reasons: 1. The SLK can't take that engine (it's to heavy anyhow) 2. MB is trying to give people a reason to spend more cash on the CLK model

B. The only time the SLK55 has ever taken favor over the Boxster was in that sill Top Gear comparison. Overall, the Boxster is considered the shining star in it's class and the the new engine lineup and suspension tweks that are coming for '07 are only going to help. I'll refer all to the following for final words:

Keep in mind the 2007 Boxster S is effectively a Cayman S minus the hard roofline.

Reply to
Filmophile

Journalists' opinion is that Boxster drivers have it as a consolation prize as they would rather be driving a 911...

;-) DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

If you really are rich, just get all three and save yourself the effort of deciding.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Shades of the 914-6. Cool car, but for not much more you can get a real Porshe. (a 911).

Reply to
Richard Sexton

No, worse. Just shifts the decision to every day. Makes for a problem every morning... (What do I drive today...?...)

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

I need more problems like that.

Reply to
Steve Heath

Well, yes, but journalists don't pay for their cars...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Good point!

Actually it's not as unrealistic as you think - even for non-rich guys: afterall don't forget that in America these cars are way cheaper (anywhere up to 50% off, half price!) compared to the UK, Australia, Europe, East Asia.....

Reply to
RichAsianKid

True, but they've got a point. Neither the 912 nor 914-6 did well being a few K shy of a 911. I'm surprised the boxster is doing as well as it is.

There is one school of thought that says it (and the lessor SLKs) are "secretaries cars". Snicker.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

I'd love to get a Cayman. Too bad it's out of my league, money-wise... 8(

Reply to
dizzy

Oh? How's the manual gearbox?

Reply to
dizzy

Ouch! That's last paragraph's harsh!

Off topic, but some (ahem, obviously biased) stats from 2003:

RichAsianKid

I think you'll see it with an 8, but I doubt they'll discontinue it.

Reply to
Jim Keenan

Really? What journalists?

The Boxster's mid-engine configuration is generally considered to offer better handling characteristics than the rear-engine of the 911 (and I have a 2002 Carrera) since the weight distribution is more equal. While it has been largely engineered out of the 911, the car will still exhibit trailing throttle oversteer if you get into a corner at 11/10ths and lift. If you know what to do at the limit the Carrera is a formidable handler, but the natural reaction of most drivers in this case is exactly wrong.

I had a Boxster as a loaner while the Carrera got tires, and the car is a wonderful handling car. Not as fast as my Carrera, but a very nice ride and hardly a consolation prize. Anybody who tells you so is just kidding themself.

Reply to
Jim Keenan