06 mini H/K Ipod Hookup?

'06 Mini with H/K sound system. The Ipod hook up was ridiculously priced. I opted for the auxiliary audio input for 125.$ I think it was, but then when they wanted 200$ for install on top of that I said no way. So, before I tear the dash apart to get to the back of the radio to see if it has any RCA inputs I could hook my Ipod into, thought I'd ask here first. I'm assuming there must be something to hook into as they did offer the aux. audio 1/8" input as an option. 2 RCA inputs would be ideal then adapt it with leads to a 1/8" jack to plug into the Ipod.

Reply to
Jamal Spelling

Understand where you're coming from, but after taking my last car ('91 Civic Si hatch) to 260k miles, I shopped around for something that I felt like driving for the next decade, drove pretty much everything new and used that was available and competitive (divers Civics, WRXes, used BMW hatches, the Focus SVT, blah blah blah) and then made a thoroughly informed decision to spend my money on a new "Mini". No regrets, nothing but smiles, thankyouverymuch.

bw

Reply to
bdubya

I think Honda make a great car, as you have experienced, they are fantastic for reliability and high mileage, it would be interesting to hear from BMW Mini owner/users, what mileage there cars have recorded and if they can be compared with Honda or some of the smaller BMWs for reliability, I personally think that the BMW Mini Chrysler engine is a great high mileage unit, as I have not read any reports of repetitive engine failure, so maybe the car will return high mileage,

Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Not as high as my old Civic did; I used to get about 35-36 MPG on the highway, and am now getting about 28, driving at about the same speeds, with the same (heavy) foot on the throttle. Around town, the disparity is similar; the Mini returns maybe 23-24, the Honda got about 28-29. The original motor on the Honda lasted 210k miles (so, oddly enough, did the original CLUTCH, in spite of my rough treatment); we'll see if the "Pentagon" motor fares as well. I guess I'd be surprised, but we'll see.

If the then-current Si ('04) had been as much of a joy to drive as the '91 was, I would have gone for it for the superior economy, but in the summer '04, very few of the cars I tried touched the Mini for driving pleasure, and the only ones that did weren't something I expected to deliver a decade or more of grins.

bw

Reply to
bdubya

bdubya wrote: ...

Do you have a Cooper or a Cooper S? The mileage you cite is what I was led to expect for a Cooper S, but not for the Cooper I have on order.

John Craig snipped-for-privacy@highstream.net_____________________ Remove NOSPAM from address to reply.

Reply to
John Craig

Exactly right; I have the S, plus I don't have the most economical driving style. The highway figure quoted above is for sustained speeds of 85-95 MPH (where reasonably possible). With a base Cooper, especially if you're not a leadfoot, you should have MUCH better fuel economy.

bw

Reply to
bdubya

That's good to hear. Good mileage is nowhere near the top of my reasons for buying this car, but it is one of them. -jc