Bottom end noise on startup on Cooper S

If my Cooper S has been stood a long time, as I start it up, I get what I would call a knocking bottom end for a second or two. It's almost as if there's no oil on the crank etc. This shouldn't happen on a brand new car, or is it yet another 'feature' of the Mini?

Also, what MPG (UK) are you getting? I reckon about 30mpg around town & a bit of motorway.

BTW, my MCS has done 700 miles & is 3 weeks old.

Cheers

Nige

Reply to
Nige

I get a similar noise on start up from My 1400 mile MCS. It is a bit rattly on start up.

Do you get a lot of boom noise from your exhaust?

I am due back at BMW next week, I will ask about the knock.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Parmley

Nope, it's fine

My dealer rang last night about the hesitation & told me theres now a fix & it will be available next week.

Bet he's lying.

Nige

Reply to
Cunny Funt