Cooling Fan 2003 Cooper S

Our MINI has been overheating, and I have isolated the problem to the electric cooling fan. I've ordered the new part from a MINI dealer, but just got around to checking the service manual for the replacement procedure. According to the TIS, you have to remove the front bumper, A/C condenser and radiator to get to the fan assembly. Has anyone done this? Do you =really= have to dis-assemble the entire front of the car just to get to the fan? It appears to be so "close" that it almost seems impossible to have to remove so many parts to remove it.

The car is a US spec. model.

Appreciate any input I can get.

Thanks!

Tim/

Reply to
Tim H

Hi Tim The front bumper is very easy to remove in 10 Mins or less. The large carrier which holds the rad assembly inc fan can be teased forward - mini have a pair of threaded extensions which support the Assembly then you can work on the components hidden behind the carrier

-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 77729 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try

for free now!

Reply to
arielmad

Thanks! I figured there was a trick or two that would help. It does look like the rad assy could be carefully tipped forward enough to allow working on the fan without removing it totally from the car. Agreed on the front bumper - like most BMW's (I also have a 540i) the bumpers generally come off pretty easily.

Parts should be here Monday, at which time I'll dive in and fix it.

Tim/

Reply to
Tim H