dipstick and question

2004 Mini S. My wife has put about 1200 miles on the car and I checked the oil level. Seems to be right in the center of the yellow gauge at the end of the dipstick. I assume that is o.k. Service said the car will alert when it needs oil but I feel better when I check it myself. Frankly I was expecting some oil usage - especially at the break in period.

The question I have is for something different. There is a "button" on the top center of the dash. Is this the windshield rain sensor?

Reply to
Grinder

no idea about the oil, mine doesn't use any!!

Do you have climate control / auto aircon? if so, the "button" is one of the sensors for it.

Reply to
s n u f f y

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 20:57:42 GMT, "Grinder" sez:

According to one or the other of the Mini publications, it's a sunlight (UV? IR?) sensor connected with the automatic climate control system.

Reply to
Marchant, Jon A.