First Gear Acceleration Hiccup?

Hi Folks,

I have a 2003 Cooper S with less that 1500 miles on. Recently, I've noticed that it has a bit of a hiccup when accelerating in first gear. Not sure if it's because I'm not used to the clutch yet, or something else....

Basically, it does a hiccup when accelerating, then continues....It doesn't seem to happen in any other gear. Any thoughts?

I'm going to check the mini2.com...but my company has decided to block access from work.... @#$@#$ :)

thanx

-Ram

Reply to
Alex

Yeah, the Cooper S 'stumble, stall, hick-up, call it what you will' is a widely reported issue. v34 still hasn't sorted it. It seems to put a short term 'fix' sometimes when people upgrade, but within a day or two it's back.

Paul

Paul - MINI2.com

If a problem appears cured and then re-appears it must be in the Adaption phase - which is mainly changed by the 'style' of driving . ( no comment )

It's Just not come accross this 'S' problem here - however I have just re-coded a Motronic today - it took a couple of attempts to get the program in - Unusual as I 'hardwired' the program equipment..

this recode was for a temp gauge problem so not connected with this thread I also recoded the Dash display - seemed to 'fix' the problem ( so far )

Reply to
arielmad

It stays once it's there, it just seems (to some) to be briefly cured by an upgrade or 'reflash' if you're interested, take a read of the 'faults and fixes' forum at MINI2

and look at the many threads on Cooper S hiccup or stall, or whatever else it gets called.

Only two S's I've driven without this, and they were the John Cooper Works conversions (which is fun, but expensive cure!).

Paul

Paul - MINI2.com

Has anyone with a new intake or pulley noticed a difference Paul?

Reply to
R. Somik

Yes, keep in touch with MINI UK and MINI USA (on official and 'not so' official levels), and they watch the site (and join in in the case of the USA) too.

Paul

Reply to
Paul - MINI2.com

Wow, that's great!! Any word on their intentions on fixing such issues?

I feel like they almost need to put out an official website / newletter addressing such issues or something or even perhaps a official section under your site?. Their Miniusa.com site is purely marketing and sales stuff.

thanx & keep up the great work

-Ram

PS:

Reply to
Ram

I've had the same problem with my 2002 Cooper S. I was told that it has something to do with the super-charger. It REALLY bugs me not to have smooth pickup!

Deboruska

Reply to
Deborah de Vries

How did they cure it?

My brand new one's the same ffs.

Nige

Reply to
Nige

I have the Cooper s 2002 and have the same problem, Any solutions??

Reply to
Seamus O'Brien

Hi matey, get it taken back. They cured mine with a software download & it's a different car !

Cheers

Nige

Reply to
Big Nige