flat tire monitor and DSC indicator

Has anyone experienced the flat tire monitor indicator and DSC indicator illuminating and not resetting? In the manual, it states that a trip to the service center is in order. I was hoping that someone might be able to tell me what the problem is. TIA

Reply to
Jamie Reagan

Mine did that, but all I had to do was turn off the car for a few minutes. Everything was fine when I started up again.

Michael ======================================================== Mini Cooper S -

Carnell - Charleston, SC

Reply to
Michael Carnell

Turn the car off.

Turn the car on WHILST pushing the reset button under the handbrake.

Drive about 1/2 mile and it will (should) turn off.

Reply to
jtpr

That procedure will turn off the lights, but there still may be an underlying problem. My car is in the shop for the same symptoms (among others). They found the steering sensor to be defective and are replacing it.

There is a thread on Mini2.com where several people also reported the same problem.

Bill T

Reply to
Bill T

Reply to
Brooks

This has happened on occasion to me. I just turn the car off, hold in the button under the handbrake while starting the car, and then drive it a little way and it goes out. Hasn't happened enought to cause concern, maybe 2-3 times in 30k.

-Jim

Reply to
jtpryan

Just happened to me yesterday, still on, no idea why, but going to the dealer today anyway!

Paul

Paul - MINI2.com

By the way, your post has the happy99 worm virus attached to it.

Rob

Reply to
Mini me

Brooks.