Fun factor still there???

I see them around but never see them passing me on the highway or tearing up the streets like I expected.

What's up with them? After a couple years of ownership, are they really any fun to drive?

Andy '98 VW GTI/VR6

Reply to
Andy

Andy wrote in news:Xns9625BA292F14Cnospmnowherecom@216.196.97.136:

Just because one /can/ drive like a maniac doesn't mean one should do so all the time. The feeling (whether one feels it to be artificial or genuine) of a MINI community encourages one to have fun when one can do so responsibly. At least, this is my general experience from owning one, and hearing what other owners are saying. Doing otherwise gives ownership a bad name. And my insurance rates are pretty low, too, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Other than that, when the streets are EMPTY and I'm driving in the middle of nowhere, I do have some fun still. The only thing that's changed is that my supercharger whine is pretty much gone.

Reply to
dw in Palatine

One frequent question I get is "what king of gas mileage do you get." And my standard answer is, "if I drive like my age dictates (61) I get 30 MPG. If I drive like my instincts and whims tell me I get 20 MPG. Nope, the fun factor isn't gone.

Jim

Reply to
Gunny