help me pick my color

mini cooper s convertible: astro black, or pepper white?

is it true that the white shows less dirt, scratches etc. than the black?

dumb question i know, but forgive me -- i've never had anything but a black car (and this pepper white is tempting)...

Reply to
dmg123

My mum has owned a black cooper with white roof, and now she has an 05 pepper white - with black roof. so shes had both the colours you are considering, and i have to say (as the person that washes and polishes HER car...thats another matter) that the white car is far better. the black shows a lot more scratches as it has a pale primer underneath, also water marks when washed.. it also shows polish "swirl" marks more. The white has its drawbacks though, it still will show the muck, and the bugs that squash on the bumper in summer. to sum it up, its easier to keep the white car looking good RS

Reply to
RS

All good advice -- however while my head says go for white, my heart says black. Black it is!

Reply to
dmg123

All good advice -- however while my head says go for white, my heart says black. Black it is!

Reply to
dmg123

If you haven't seen the Astro Black in person, you should know that it's not Jet black, it's more of a really dark navy blue.

Reply to
docjohnboy