I fought the good fight but.......

...It going back. Six months with 22 days off the road & more rattles & breakdowns than a 30 year old Austin Princess, I finally spat the dummy over my Cooper S. It has been virtually re-built with new bits. I have told my local dealer (lister park, Bradford) they can collect at their leisure & I will not accept any charges etc. I cannot believe how good a car it is to drive, but after the kangaroo in first gear has come back & it makes more noise than a tornado with six visits for a rattly sunroof that has been replaced & still makes more noise than Ian Paisley on acid - it's off back.

Sorry guys, I tried & B.M.W failed.

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Sorry to hear that, I had a buy back on my Cooper, and a rejcection and replacement on my first S, my second S is going great guns, I'm glad I stuck with it, but I can completely understand why you'd just want to throw in the towell.

Paul

Paul - MINI2.com

How do they do the buy-back thing as I don't want to end up out of pocket etc?

Nige

Reply to
Nige

The buy back was because a dealer screwed my Cooper up! Try to not go that way, that's them not admitting fault and instead "buying" the car from you, even if you get full value.

A rejection is usually an option, in which case you should just get full value, it's basically a refund for faulty goods. That's what happed to me second time, full value refund, then the money went on the new car, so I didn't lose a penny.

There's some help to be found from others in the faults and fixes forum on MINI2, people who've shared their rejection experiences.

Paul

Paul - MINI2.com