Problem with remote door lock resolved.

For general info.

When using the remote we can lock all the doors on the '94 S. But only the passenger's side door will unlock using the remote. We can hear the unlocking motor inside the door operating. The central lock button also functions for the passenger door but not the driver's door.

Took it to the dealer and they found a failed latch. They replaced it and everything is fixed.

BTW, the dealership has 200 back orders for minis. They had one on the floor with a special $6300 engine tune-up package and non-slip differential for $36k. I told the salesman that was a lot for a mini and he told me a guy came in earlier this year and ordered just about every bell and whistle available. Price : $52k. Way too much for a mini.

Reply to
grinder

. I told the salesman that was a lot for a mini and he told me a

...funny, mine cost £600 new, thats around $1100, mind... that was a few years ago now...

Reply to
RS

Yea. Like about 60.

Reply to
grinder

no. like about 45

Reply to
RS

Yeah, I know what you mean. Before I was fourtunate enough to be able to afford my NEW MINI, I was stuck with an old car too. I am sooooo much happier now and it's worth every penny I paid.

Good luck with your OLD car.

Reply to
Blues_Jam

Oh diddums, I expect you believe in Santa Clause too?

Taffy

I must say it's very quiet here isn't it, oh dear have I posted on the wrong newsgroup I wonder.

Reply to
Taffy

Where is "here"?

I am in southern California - dealers try to mark Minis up about $4000 (for floor mats, Teflon wax-job, extra year of maintenance...) but you can talk them out of some or most of that and get it close to list.

(It is now Spring 2006 - original post was Winter 2005)

Reply to
J. Patrick Brandt

Northern California. Anybody who pays full price for the accessories should have their head examined (big one in the midwest is undercoating). Saw a convertable S in the showroom yesterday for MSRP of $34k. Too much. For a little more you can get a well equiped 325i.

Regarind the door lock issue: Turns out the way the doors can be unlocked is controlled by software that can be changed.

All the doors can be automatically opened when the engine is turned off. or All the doors can remain locked when the ignition is turned off. or The doors will NOT lock automatically when the car is in motion.

Reply to
grinder

its on days like this I am happy my mini aint got central locking or in need of rust proofing, I wonder how may of you minis will still be in good condition in 30 years from now :-)

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

About the same amount as the older mini, judging from all of the problems in the old mini newsgroup.

Reply to
not you

I would say that's more a function of what type of owner the car has rather that the type of car it is. Why, I know for a fact that even a few Chevy Vegas are still rust-free after 30 years... well, maybe that's a bad example!

Reply to
dauph59