Road trip advice

Recently got home from a 2500 mile road trip in my MINI and have a couple of suggestions, based on experience. Both are relevant to Tennessee, but are probably just as applicable elsewhere.

No matter how perfectly those construction barrels are spaced for a high- speed slalom, and no matter how loudly your MINI pleads with you to slalom the suckers, the State Police take a dim view of actually using them that way. They have no sense of humor about it at all, in fact.

When stopped by a State Trooper and asked if you know why he stopped you, responding that 'My inner child is giggling and thinks that you stopped me to look at your really cool little car but my inner adult is less optimistic and is looking for a board to club that little SOB inner child like a harp seal pup' will not work. Unless you consider being asked to step out of the car and being cuffed and frisked a good thing.

Tennessee gives out pretty spendy Safe Driver Awards.

Reply to
Spunky the Tuna

What a great laugh I had........thanks.

No matter how perfectly those construction barrels are spaced for a high- speed slalom, and no matter how loudly your MINI pleads with you to slalom the suckers, the State Police take a dim view of actually using them that way. They have no sense of humor about it at all, in fact.

When stopped by a State Trooper and asked if you know why he stopped you, responding that 'My inner child is giggling and thinks that you stopped me to look at your really cool little car but my inner adult is less optimistic and is looking for a board to club that little SOB inner child like a harp seal pup' will not work. Unless you consider being asked to step out of the car and being cuffed and frisked a good thing.

Tennessee gives out pretty spendy Safe Driver Awards.

Reply to
JimBob