Sat Nav Compatible discs

What sort of disks are compatible with the UK Mini's sat nav system? The manual says go to your Mini dealer but the system is some sort of 3rd party German thing. Can I buy generic disks or are there any particular brands I can use instead of official Mini kit?

Does it take DVDs or CDs, and where is the drive itself? I know it's in the boot somewhere, but where?

Reply to
Mr B

Well, to address the questions in the 2nd paragraph first, in the UK the sat nav cd reader is under the drivers seat. The official BMW CD is produced by Navtech (Navigation Technologies BV) which indicates Dutch - but a web search gives more info.

I don't know if the system works with other disks. Anyway in my experience the thing is brilliant.

All that apart, and as much as I love my mini cooper S, does anyone know if BMW are going to address the 2 major problems with it for the 2004 model, i.e:

1: Is the suspension going to be changed so that, at speed, there will be 4 wheels on the road at any one time?

2: Take it out of the bottom of the super mini power class and give it, as a standard option, the power of the 'works S', or more, as an off the shelf standard (without paying for another supercharger, head, and exhaust (muffler) )?

Reply to
DO

1: From some point in 2003 (early) the suspension is softer, and in my opinion the car suffers for it. I have the softer suspension, used to have the firmer set up. 2: Not going to happen.

:)

Paul

Paul - MINI2.com