Servicing fun (not)

For those who live in the Pacific Northwest:I took my 2003 MC in for a 25K servicing today. An hour down to Fife at 8am in terrible weather and traffic. My car has 25,500 miles on it. When I got there they scanned my key (cool) and told me that, since my car's service computer says that my 25K is due in 900 miles, they could not do the service for me. It has to be within 400 miles or MINI won't reimburse the dealer.

Note to NW MINI: How about when someone calls up to make an appointment you ask about this information and tell me to wait until I'm within 400 miles of the service interval? Just a thought.

Further note to NW MINI: The manual says that the car should be serviced at 25K or every 12 months. My last service with you was in October of last year. (Good thing I changed the oil in between) (Bad thing that I didn't think of that when I was there today)

At least they (hopefully) fixed the rattle in the sunroof and did the fuel cap recall work. It's just that I wasted a whole morning because they didn't ask a simple question. Since I now live in Oregon I think I'll take the car to Portland for the 25K. I've heard good things about the dealer there.

As a "PS", way back in Spring 2002 I put my name on the list at NW MINI. I called back a month later and they had lost my name. I put it on again. I called back a month later and they had the wrong phone number and told me the wait for the car would be 7-9 months. That's when I contacted Brian Harris MINI in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I got the car at sticker price. The people couldn't have been nicer. They picked me up from the airport, told me where to get some good crab and treated me like a valued customer, not someone who had to see them because they didn't have any other options. I had a great road trip back to Seattle too.

I keep wanting to like NW MINI. They just don't seem to give me too many chances to do so. Good car wash though...

Peter

Reply to
Peter Newman

I do not know NW MINI, but our Pittsburgh Dealership seems to be competely inundated since becoming a MINI dealership. BMW and MINI owners are having problems getting their cars serviced in a timely manner. I really hope that they will soon give us the option to have our cars serviced by the "BMW only" dealers in the area. NB

Reply to
nellybly