Snow & Ice Handling

Has anyone out there driven your Cooper on snow or ice?

How does it handle, cornering, steering and especially braking!!

Thanks

I'm currently looking at a Cooper (not S) with all 3 packages on it but get a lot of snow and ice here, so I'm a little concerned with the handling and safety.

Reply to
Michael R. Sullivan

I drove my 2002 last winter in the DC area and it was better than my Grand Voyager. One thing you have to watch for is going through snow piles. The mini does not have much ground clearance.and you can get stuck.

Reply to
Larry Silkaitis

Well, it's a front wheel drive small wheelbase car . . . so it has an advantage right from the start.

However, don't expect the fancy electronic gizmos to make it feel like it's driving on a wet road or you'll crash! :o)

However, the MINI - like most cars - benefits from winter tyres, or at the very least, good quality all weathers with lots of tread (but to be fair, it needs winter tyres, heh). You may want to consider getting another set of wheels for when the snow arrives.

Reply to
DervMan

Surprising given the weight distribution of 63/37. Best car I ever had in the snow was a bug - hands down. Worst car was a Chevy Monza with a 5.0L. The rear wheels would spin just by looking at them.

Reply to
Grinder

Best I ever drove was an original Mini. Past stranded bugs, if you must know... :-)

Cheers, Ian

Reply to
Ian McCall