Used Mini Qs

Hi - about to buy a Mini, an early one (2001-2), and wondered if anyone has advice on:

1) Reliability - from what I've read they seem fine. Gearboxes get a mention with some people reporting as many as 5 in a couple of years. Is this a common problem - how do I tell if it's about to fail?!

2) Revisions - should I look for a particular month when any worthwhile revisions came in?

TIA

Reply to
News