123/Mini A+ distributor now available

Just a quick note to let you all know that in addition to the 123/Mini electronic distributor for A series engines we have added a model for A+ blocks. Both models have 16 user selectable ignition advance curves programmed in.

If your Lucas distributor is worn out (aren't they all?) or it has the wrong ignition advance curve for your particular engine formula, the

123/Mini distributor is for you. Please visit our website
for full details.

Orders from within the USA can be handled by our partner Seven Enterprises

Canadian and international sales can be handled by Classic Motor Works

marcel

what about posting some starting prices, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Visit the websites and you will see the prices are USD $359 and CDN $425. Please email snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca for a quote for international sales.

BTW, Classic and Sports Car Magazine has selected the 123/Mini as one of their top 3 products of 2005!

Reply to
marcel

Wouldn't it be cheaper and better to buy a standard one (or even an Aldon one at £116ish) and a rolling road session to have it modified exactly to your cars requirements?

Reply to
TurboJo

Well, this is something you are going to have to decide for yourself, but keep in mind:

*Aldon has had a serious supply problem for many years so a good useable core can be difficult to find. *vacuum advance canisters are NLA *advance springs are NLA so who ever is going to be doing the recurve will have to wind their own *finding someone who knows HOW to recurve a distributor and has a distributor machine and can wind their own springs and has access to a rolling road is a very rare cat now!

The 123/Mini is priced to compete with an Aldon plus a Pertronix, but you get 16 curves instead of one, no obsolete parts and a vacuum advance that works.

marcel

I would have preferred a fully programmable system, with room for at least 2 curves (although 16 is better), so that you can figure out the best curve for your engine through dichotomy. Once you've figured out the curves, you could use the 2 memory banks to switch from an economy curve to a sports curve through the flick of a (dash mounted) switch.

Here in France, we have a readily available kit that does just that, though it is DIY and not fully integrated inside the dizzy. You can plug in a laptop and reconfigure your curves on the fly. The unassembled kit is 50? (45US$ more or less). There is a version that serves as an interface for virtual dyno software.

Reply to
Nicholas Bales

Please can you post a link to the details of where i can buy

Cheers

Reply to
Martin

Bless your heart Nicholas, please post where I can buy this device ASAP.

This is the kind of afrontation treatment that we get here in the colonies. Over priced items all over the place.

Co>> The 123/Mini is priced to compete with an Aldon plus a Pertronix, but

Reply to
Tatiele

Where can you get this from?

Is there any info on the net?

Cheers

Reply to
TurboJo

You could, but it's all in french.

Nicholas Bales

Have you looked at megasquirt?

There are some very good ignition only systems around, and they are all diy but I have seen them on ebay going quite cheaply!

polestar is starting to get a real name for itself as well, althoug a bit more expensive!

miniman

Reply to
miniman

Does a Megasquirt do ignition?

As you say the Polestar is a bit pricey.

Found a good article on tuning the Lucas Distributor

Cheers

Reply to
TurboJo

Not on it's own, but paired with Megajolt it does.

Curiously enough, written by the same bloke who came up with the 123/Mini distributor 8-)

erik.

Reply to
erik fishead