A Mini Legend!

Found this old 1970's British Leyland advert which stars comedy legend Spike Milligan. Well he was one of the first British celebrities to buy a Mini (right from the beginning in 1959 I believe), before all the others like Peter Sellers, all The Beatles, Mick Jagger etc, etc went mad for them after the famous outright Monte Carlo Rally wins. And he owned dozens of Mini's over the years/decades up his death and even starred in a documentary to celebrate it's 30th birthday back in 1989.

Then there's this little sketch from his comedy show "Spike Milligan Q" from 1975. Unfortunately it's now considered very un-PC and the BBC refused to include it as an extra on a classic 1975 Doctor Who DVD (Genesis Of The Daleks) recently. Anyway it's quite funny but I hope Bin Laden and his Al Kaida cronies don't get to see it because I doubt they'd see the funny side?

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Taffy, Fantastic

Reply to
Martin

Mind you the Spike Milligan Mini advert isn't fully working (well it isn't for me) and he should then say "Bigger on the inside" and then "So don't just wave the British flag, buy it!" and he wheel skids off in the Mini, leaving tyre marks behind.

Oh and there is a very dark coincidence in the second film from his comedy show too and I do appologize if i've offended anyone, but I didn't see a connection before. Well think about it, Pakastani Daleks exterminating commuters on the tube train? And yes it's been just over a year since the July 7th bombings by Al Kaida on the London Underground.

So yes that clip is more relavant today than it was in 1975 and yet the BBC refuse to show it or include it on a DVD because it's considered un-PC. What a bloody mad world we live in today!

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Superb Taff,,superb Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

I put up the Spike Milligan advert, it corrupts when you upload it as i have tried it a few times now, will get round to fixing it one day....

barspeed

Reply to
Barspeed and his magical Mini'

Any chance of fixing it sooner Barspeed, well it's the only copy that's on YouTube and we're missing the best bit!

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Mini legend = Something that was almost popular, but was really too small for anyone to notice.

Reply to
Madmax

ok, will have a look at it now, seen my other ones? transfering a mini movie from vhs to dvd, TVMC 40...

Reply to
Barspeed and his magical Mini'

No but thanks Barspeed because i'll definitely have look now!

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Looks good to me and it's nice to see the Beaulieu Mini Cooper Day without those horrible looking BMW things in attendance too. ;O)

Well I guess it's just something to ignore now, much like we ignored the MiniMetro.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

You say that, ive had a metro and it just kept going and going, i even hit a feld tree with mine and it lept over it quite happily, drove it thru 2 feet of snow when i lived in scotland, ripped the front panel off when i clipped a frozen bank.... I was even thinking of getting another one, an MG or a GTA perhaps, at least if it dies i can recycle nearly everything for use on a mini...

Reply to
Barspeed and his magical Mini'

True they do have their uses! LOL

Taffy