A series pistons

Can anyone identify pistons with the markings ID19 W45 STD? Obviously standard bore size, but what bore, and what engine? They are flat top, some way down the bore at TDC, and it's believed to be a 1275 block. I'm trying to help a friend identify the engine he has before he decides what to do with it. I've not seen it yet, and should be able to tell, when I do, but wondered if the markings mean anything to anyone. Not found the answer through Google either yet. =8¬} Cheers, Paul

Reply to
Paul Prescott

Posting the engine number, if it has one, will help alot more.

Does it have one or two core plugs on the side of the block where the engine steady bar bolts up? Does it have an engine breather on the flywheel housing, assuming you've got that.

If its a yellow block it'll prob be an A+ 998 lump, red will prob be an A+

1275 block, black is *prob* an a series 998/1098 block - but only because there are more of those about. Someone who *reeeeally* knows their engine blocks will prob be along soon with more/better info.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Cheers, Kris. All good pointers. I'll pass this on to the owner. Paul

Reply to
Paul Prescott

if at the back of the block has 2 removable covers then its a 998 or 1100

Reply to
jacko