alt.autos.minis: farewell

Any news group with activity that results in a stalwart like Rocky Frisco quitting has got to be worth leaving..... my last few days in this group reminds me of all the downside of Newsgroups

forRover/Austin/BMC/Leyland MinisTech talk MAD tech talk general primarily UK motoring & annual testingtopics, rust, water, leaks, tyres, rotor arms ... the lot!!!!!
for BMW MINIsSome limited tech talk, warranties, oil changes, ICE, crackingwindscreens, runflat tyres, snow chains , dealer markups and 12 monthwaiting lists (but that is based on the archives and is a statementfrom the list owner....me) Spammers, Flamers and fight pickers definately not welcome you will be given short shrift!

Sad when the "metadiscussions" swamp the real business... BMW MINI and Mini!

Adios!

John "Fatbloke" Bullas Mini owner since '88, Mini-list co-founder

Reply to
John Fatbloke Bullas

goodbye. And good riddance

**

Nice flounce! So I guess what you're saying is :-

I've noticed there's a bit of OT argy-bargy on this newsgroup. It seems to be functioning perfectly well despite this, but I've decided to use it as an excuse to publicly storm off anyway. I'm hoping that as many other people as possible will do the same. Oh, and by the way, it just so happens that I have a I have a pet group on Yahoo that I'd like everyone to post on instead of here.

Cheers,

Colin (who doesn't have a mini of any description - just a set of wipers and a heater.)

Reply to
Colin Stamp

OK.

Reply to
Scene

No stamina, John, that's your problem .

Only the Mini is real business here. Interestingly, we now seem to have lots of new threads about the real thing and the BMW trolls seem to have got bored and drifted away, so job done for the time being.

See you this summer at one of the shows or runs, hopefully.

Regards, David Betts snipped-for-privacy@minilist.org The Mini Gallery:

David Betts

Well I remember John trying to muscle his way in to Yahoo clubs Mininuts and didn't like it when he found other people didn't agree with his views and put him straight, so he packed his bags and left there too, oh well there's one born every day.....

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

John Bullas is one of the great Mini enthusiasts, as anyone who participates in Minilist or has met him will know. The fact that he doesn't particularly like usenet and disagrees with the policy and charter of this newsgroup does not detract from that in the slightest. He is one of the good guys. You should choose your targets better.

Regards, David Betts snipped-for-privacy@minilist.org The Mini Gallery:

David Betts

This is mild by comparison to the linux mailing list ... flame wars carry on for ages lol ... At the end of the day the best advise is if you dont have anything worth while to say, dot start typing ..... And If someone take a jibe at you let it slide, or enjoy the flame war lol ....

Mini's Rule

1980 Mini clubman orignal 1275 engen + rebore 1310 ....
Reply to
gregory.machin

Yeah but he shouldn't have come here and started pushing his websites on everyone.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy