Brakes

I need help.I have converted my mini to the metro 4 pot callipers and I cant get the pressure back at the pedal.I have even replaced the master cylinder bled them in the right sequence according to the Manuel and the pedal is just spongy.Is there something I am missing?Thanks in advanced for any help.

Reply to
Mark Stannard

Hi Mark, when you bleed brakes all 4 brakes move almost at the same time, so you only ever get 25% master cylinder effort going to one wheel, I always clamp the flexi hoses of 3 brakes, and bleed the free brake, this gives 100% effort to one brake at a time, worth a try Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

If you put the calipers on the wrong side of the car they won't bleed. This is because the bleeders are nearer the bottom and air is trapped in what is now the top of the caliper. Double check that they are on the correct side.

Cheers,

Kelley

Reply to
Kelley Mascher

I seem to remember that the 4pot calipers have two bleed nipples, one inside and one on the outside of the calipers.

cheers

-anthony

Reply to
Anthony

metro calipers have three nipples each one on each side, and one near the top (when mounted on the correct side .. as shown in the pic below - if mounted on the wrong side it would be near the bottom (and useless for bleeding))

FWIW, Theo van den Bogaard

Reply to
t.a.j.m.vdnbogaard