Buying a used Audi 200 A4

Good Morning,

I am currently in the process of buying a used 2000 A4 Quarttro for around $12950.00 with roughly 64,000 miles. Was wondering if anyone had any advice/oppions on this car and or mechanic to look at in the SF Bay area.

Thanks,

Todd

Reply to
tfg20

Good choice of car, well better than a BMW bini, look for a full service history, listen for strange clunks & noise while steering slowly, at this mileage make sure its had a cam belt, expect to start replacing front suspension components, this can be costly, check the body very carefully for accident damage, listen for clunks when changing gear & engaging disengaging the clutch, the build quality of all a4s is not as good as the Audi 80, pitty really,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

(1) Brake master cylinder, (2) front upper and lower wishbones and ball joints (3) oil leaks from rocker cover area, (4) the timing belt is due for change to name but a few,,, by-the way...... your in the wrong NG HTH Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Your right....I will try to delete this if I can....thanks for the advice!

Reply to
tfg20

Or alternatively buy a Mini, no not one of those nasty BMW Hatchback things, but a real Mini. Go on you'll be glad you did I can assure you. :O)

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

I wouldn't buy one of those old mini pieces of shit. Get a new one. The BMW model out performs that outdated english pile of dog shit.

Reply to
Madmax

define performance: power: well yes, the new mini has more power, but it is 45 years newer, handling: you'll be hard pushed to beat a classic on tens in your cooper S on 17" space: classic -enough for 4 people, new - enough for 4 people - even though it is 2 foot bigger in each direction... economy: 40mpg (UK) easily for a mildly hot classic - 25mpg if you're lucky from the BMW cooper S i stress the first point - your car is a modern day shopping trolley come back in forty five years an we will compare your car to modern day equvalents - oh - wait - no one will remember the bmw by then...

why are you on this NG madmax. if you do not like the classic mini, goto alt.autos.new-mini

Reply to
RS

Actually my 2003 BMW mini gets 43 mpg on the highway. And its not hard pushed at all in out cornering the old mini's. As far as popularity, BMW mini's have already sold more total cars, worldwide, than the obsolete model. And as long as this newsgroup is titled alt.autos.mini, I will remain. For that is precisely the name of one of my cars.

Reply to
Madmax

If it is a Cooper S (as my comparison states) you are not driving it as it should be, If we are talking about motorway (highway) runs then a standard 1000/1275 mayfair could do 50+.

have you ANY experience of driving the classic?

You certainly may stay around here, i have no objection, but from what i have seen, the only reason you are here is to put people down by obnoxious posts. alt.autos.new-mini may be more helpful if you do have a question on your car. Ps, learn some grammar! - "For that is precisely the name of one of my cars." is not a sentence, just a fragment.

this newsgroup isnt around for people to argue whos car is better, it is for technical help, and to share knowledge (an a lot more if i knew the constitution). RS

Reply to
RS

Who cares if it is a sentence or not? Was there something that you didn't understand? Who is arguing? I simply made a statement. As did you. Alt.autos.new-mini has nothing for me. My car is three years old. Which wouldn't be new.

Reply to
Madmax

Reply to
TurboJo

Sandrake

TurboJo wrote:

Reply to
madmax

Awww, whats up Madmax? lost you dummy :-) mummy going to get you a new one?

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

No problem here. Why do you ask, ass hole ?

Reply to
Madmax

Well if I did make abusive comments, they were only intended for you Mark, just to piss you off like you piss us off and nothing more. As for getting posts on all Mini's, well that's fine if it's a variety that was produced between 1959-2000 and that includes the Riley Elf and Wolseley Hornet too or one based on the Issigonis Mini, but the BMW BINI just doesn't cut the mustard here mate.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Braindead yank, go play with your Banjo :-)

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Steve, you really have nothing to say, do you. Are you just feeling left out, and had to jump into the argument for a cheap thrill. You lonely f*ck.

Reply to
Madmax