Camshaft question

Found a camshaft on eBay,,,"Star oil pump drive" How do I find out what type of oil pump drive my engine has ,, without stripping out the cam, can I find out from the engine number, Thanks Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

star drive sounds like a 1275+ as spade type = 1000 1100

Reply to
jacko

Just buy a new oil pump either will fit block

Reply to
Rob

Not necessarily! On older Mini lumps (e.g. the original 998 A-series the

1100/1300-type star pump isn't a straight swap and needs a spacer block and new holes drilled/tapped into the block to take a star drive pump.

Been there, done that... ;-)

Reply to
Minty

Hmmmmm, The plot thickens, Any one got any more nightmares waiting to be revealed Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

You may find some information here

Rob