carb problem?

I took the carb off my mini (1981, 998cc) the other day to give it a bit of a service. Now I've put it back on, I can't get it to idle properly. It runs fine and sounds great with the vacuum advance disconnected, but as soon as I re-connect that, it cuts out. It only runs if I increase the idle speed or have the choke out, and then it sounds pretty rough.

The timing is OK, I checked that with a strobe, I just can't figure out what's wrong. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Have you closely examined the vacuum pipe, these can easily be blocked by snagging or blockage from anything really. Also, i seem to remember there is a breather pipe on the side of the carb, this likes to be connected...

. snipped-for-privacy@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Barspeed Beta Version 2.0

Just how much of a service? was the jet removed? More info needed.....

Sounds like its too rich and needs the extra air to lean it off.

More info needed.....

Reply to
Rob

I cleaned it out, but didn't remove the jet. I did fit a different needle and spring though, to compensate for a K&N filter I put on a while ago. Sorry, forgot to mention that bit :)

Reply to
Matt