Clubby dash trim

I've got troubles getting the dash trim out of my '73 Clubman van. How do I get the screen rail out? I've got the screen rail loose but can't get the two bolts to clear. I've pulled out the backing card for the shelf and disconnected the demister hoses (actually they crumbled to dust). Also, I'd appreciate a pointer on how to get the shin protector of the shelf too. Thanks in advance, Graham

Reply to
Graham L

If it's a Clubman Van, I take it your from Australia? Or do you have a Mini Clubman Estate?

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Taffy,

It is an Australian panel van. I've had a thought overnight that the demister vents probably unscrew.

Graham

Reply to
Graham L

Hi Graham, the top rail should come off with a bit of pushing and banging with your hand, providing all the nuts have been removed, and its is not normally held by the screws retaining the screen vents, make sure the ashtray is completely removed though,, (If fitted) Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

There only seems to be 2 nuts holding it. I'll just have to get more physical as you say. Thanks.

Reply to
Graham L

Is there a nut in the middle behind the ashtray?

Reply to
Turbo Jo

Is there a nut in the middle behind the ashtray?

Reply to
Turbo Jo

I agree with Jo. My mini has three nuts on threaded studs that hold the panel in place. One either side above the air vents, (it is easier if you undo the four screws that hold the air vent in place and remove it before hand), and one in the centre behind the ashtray. Once these are undone it just takes a little persuasion to remove the panel, although the centre stud can become a tight fit against the bodywork.

Hope this helps

Vic

Reply to
Vic Boon

Thanks, fellas. I couldn't see another stud but I'll have a harder look now that there might be another one. There is certainly something holding it. The air vents seem to be held by self tapping screws coming down from the top. I can see their ends below but not their heads from above so the grilles are covering them.

Reply to
Graham L