Coil Suspension woes

Oh and yes Mike Nesmith is a Monkee, spelt that way mate actually and he like the other 3 in the band earned millions thanks to the famous TV Show, record sales and the cult classic 1968 movie they starred in called "Head" and that was directed by Jack Nickolson and Dennis Hopper and Peter Fonda had cameo roles in it as they were filming "Easy Rider" at the same time.

Oh and apparantely Mike's mother invented liquid Paper or Tippex as we call it and she sold the concept to Gillette and made a fortune, which Mike inherited after her death. So he's now a multi-millionaire and I bet he still owns his 1960's Radford Mini Cooper S too!

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

A few more than that I'll wager

So they all went out and got Ford Pintos then did they ??

Quick history lesson ...

Jim

Yes or a Chevrolet Corvair perhaps? Yes a bloke called Ralph Nader wrote a book all about that car entitled "Unsafe at any speed" so much for American cars eh?

Another history lesson ...

Taffy

I remember an AMC car, type of muscle car that Nader once described as one of America's most dangerous cars. Also, think there was an early 60's sedan called a Buick Skylark, big tank of a thing that had Triumph Herald type rear suspension, but as it weighed about 3 tons the suspension would brake away violently and over turn the car.

I really cant remember a British Car that was ever dangerous or infamous for being a death trap.....? I know, last one was the 1952 Trojan three wheeler, copy of a BMW issetta, or the 1958 Peel, copy of a Mescherscmidt, best out of that bunch must be the 1960 Reliant Regal 4 wheeler, which was actually copied by Trabant.....how many Trab execs work for BMW now?

Reply to
Barspeed and his magical Mini

Why would you think that they got Ford Pinto's? I already stated what two of them purchased. I wouldn't wager that many more Americans had mini's. Just a plain ugly little match box sized car.

Reply to
Madmax

"Head" is such a famous movie, I have never heard of it. Why is it that you think Americans are interested in so called UK cult classic movies. Again, Mike is just a monkey. My spelling stands.

Reply to
Madmax

AH ! I remember watching a TV program of the same name. Where America's pioneer of car safety devices, after finally realising lots of people were dying needlessly in low speed impacts with other cars, trees and such like mostly due to the steering column impaling the driver, decided it would be a good idea to fit seatbelts and collapsable steering columns. Back in good ol' Blighty on the other hand, Jensen had been fitting seat belts as standard since, I think, the late '20s. They also invented four wheel drive.

He did most of his research on cadavers and himself. After his death, his wife found out what he had been doing to himself at work and promply expressed that, if she knew, she would never have let him leave the house !

The Corvair was a bloody ugly car !

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Some of the old Reliant Robins, back in the '70's, had a design fault in the kingpin. The kingpin would snap with hilarious consequences ala Mr Bean stylee :-) They were all recalled and sorted, I believe without any deaths. I could be slightly wrong though. I remember watching a feature on "That's Life" about it.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Nothing made me think they bought Pinto's. It was a rhetorical question, to point out that America has made some of the most dangerous automobiles in the world. Do you understand the concept of a rhetorical question ? Ofcourse not, otherwise you would have just shut up and not replied to the post, but would have sat and considered what I had pointed out.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

You have pointed out absolutely nothing. So America has made bad cars, we also invented the automobile. What would be your point anyway? You did say Pinto and that is what I believed you meant. If your going to throw out rhetorical questions, don't fill them with so much rhetoric. Anything that you have to say would never make me sit and consider it. Because it is just garbage flowing out of your empty head.

Reply to
Madmax

Taffy wrote: "Well beauty is really in the eye of the beholder"

Too bad you are so blind.

Reply to
Madmax

America didnt invent the Car, get your facts right for god almighty's sake, Benz and Daimler invented the car at the end of 1880's!!!!!!!!!!

You very rich for accusing someone talking Garbage when stuff coming from you is just wrong, I dont give two hoots about you, just get your information straight before you say anything.

Reply to
Barspeed and his magical Mini

BTW, before you say anything more, Daimler and Benz werent from the lower west side, they were both German!!!

Reply to
Barspeed and his magical Mini

You are sooo wrong. Everything worth a shit was invented in America.

Reply to
madmax

You said that the Automobile was invented in America, yet you claim it was done in america STILL!! But then again you are right on one key point, shit was invented in america, well done....

Mcdonalds Fat, Kentuck fried Rat, Chevy Nova or No-Go, Challenger Firework, Ben Johnson Drug Store, Tonya Harding Rent a Kill, Three Mile Island Spillage I could go on, all of these wondeful things are all worth shit....Just as you say......

Reply to
Barspeed and his magical Mini

Very original come back, Taffy. Next time try to create some words of your own.

Reply to
Madmax