Copper leads or not?

Time to get a new set of leads. Was thinking of making up my own set from NGK heads and Lucas copper leads. Has anyone done this - any tips?

Also, does anybody know what Bosch spark plugs are like, since I was thinking about fitting Champion?

Many Thanks in advance,

Reply to
greasemonkey78

"greasemonkey78" wrote in

Champion are all I will fit to both my mini's.... They have NEVER let me down.

Ta

Mick

Reply to
Mick

Mind you NGK are hard to beat too.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Bosch super 4 are superb, I have used on mini and mk1 golf gti, they seem to allow you to run a leaner mixture and still have smooth running, they do seem to be a bit susceptible to overly rich mixtures though!

I always fit bosch 8mm silicone leads, any thinner and they aren't fun when wet!

miniman

Reply to
miniman

Be careful with the Bosch super 4 as they can cause a misfire for no reason when using points and not electronic ignition.......dunno why but it happened to me on an MG Metro I had a few years ago......Changed ingnition to electronic and the problem went away.....assuming the Bosch super 4 are the 4 electrode type otherwise I'm talking thru my A#* LOL

Matt

Reply to
MiNiFrEeK :)

Absolutely happened to me too exactly as descibed abnd solved exactly as described.

Reply to
OsiTech.Net

Interesting!

I never tried with points!!!!! don't think they give high enough voltage spark to work properly :-)

Reply to
miniman