door locks

How can I reprogram the door locks on my 2005 mini so they lock as soon as I put the car in drive?

Reply to
Jim Foley

automatic response from Ryan Shaw: you will need to do 1 thing - find the correct news group! - ie alt.autos.NEWmini

i assume someone on that group will be bothered to help you. i suspect they will say take the car back to the extortionate dealer you bought the "car" from in the first place and they will be able to go into the management system and reprogramme and customise some functions

Reply to
Ryan Shaw

Hi Jim

Attach a piece of string between the gearshift lever and the locking switch on the dashboard.... a piece of gum helps here... simply putting the shift into Drive will pull the string and the dashboard switch will be operated to automatically lock the doors.

But seriously try the correct News Group Alt.Autos.NewMini etc etc

Alan

Reply to
Alan

Jim, Visit your BMW dealer, he will do it in seconds, or wait until its due for service, and add it on to the job card, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

"Jim Foley" wrote

It's called an "ELBOW", you lift it and nudge the button!!

Reply to
Mick Rouse