driveshaft oil seals

Hi

Gotta replace a CV joint boot, is it much more work beyond this to replace the driveshaft oil seals. I am told thats what the drips of oil will be.

thanks

Gary

Reply to
geepeetee

If you have some oil now, its likely you may have more when you remove the pot joint and refit it with out a seal change, while the whole joint is off do the seal, quite easy from underneath...

Reply to
Barspeed Beta Version 3.0

Hi GPT once you have the driveshaft out of the hub the inner pot joint just pops out with the aid of two large screwdriver type levers (1 either side) if you know what I mean, once the pot joint out of the diff, quickly run and get washing up bowl from the sink, as the engine oil will poor out, ;-) (as I forgot to mention,,, drain sump first) the oil seal is now visible and can be prised out quite easily, dead easy mate,,,,, have a go, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

would pay to check the gear selector oil seal, its an easy change and is often the cause of small leaks

-anthony

Reply to
Anthony

I leave this one until it gets tooo serious, easy cheap way of keeping the front sub and under floor area rust free! :-)

Reply to
Barspeed Beta Version 3.0

This is a Mini Group, please refer your Q & A's to the relevant group.....you need alt.autos.junk

Reply to
Barspeed Beta version 4.0

Cant even copy my email address correctly, numb nuts!

Reply to
Barspeed Beta Version 3.0

What did you say ,f*ck wad ?

Reply to
Baspeed Beta Version 3.0

Wrong again Cane toad! back to computer Ed for you boy

Reply to
Barspeed Beta Version 3.0

Ed for me....oh my! You can't see with that c*ck between your eyes.

Reply to
Barpseed Beta Version 3.0

Reply to
Barspeed Beta Version 3.0+