Engine number confusion!?

Hi group

Been looking at my Heritage cert. and wondering how my engine number (engine replaced before I bought the car) has the number of 9F-SA-Y/xxxx. The last Y should mean it was a 1275 Cooper engine - but the car is a Austin Mini Cooper 997 from March 1962 !?

Could someone sort out this mistery - or is there a mistake on my Heritage Cert.????

Regards

Kenneth

Reply to
KennethDK

What replacement engine did get put in the car?

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

I did'nt. When I bought the car it had a standard 998 cc engine - and it is now replaced with a 1293 cc race engine :o)

The heritage says the original engine was a 1275 (engine number =

9F-SA-Y/4581) but that must be a mistype or wrong info....

Kenneth

"Taffy" skrev i en meddelelse news:dj88gt$5i1$ snipped-for-privacy@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...

Reply to
KennethDK

I contacted British Motor Heritage - and they replied that there was an error on my certificate. They will sent me a new and corrected certificate.

Case closed :o)

Kenneth

"KennethDK" skrev i en meddelelse news:435df605$ snipped-for-privacy@news.wineasy.se...

Reply to