Engine numbers

Sorry to post a question that has been asked a million times, but I have just come into possession of an abandonned '73 Leyland Mini panel van with a motor in the back (not rear engined, just a motor sitting on a bit of cardboard in the back) and an empty engine bay. The engine number is

99H791P/133340. Questions: Is this likely to be the original engine, and would this be a 998cc with hardened valve seats? What does the "P" stand for? Is there a site where the engine number codes are explained? Thanks in advance GrahamL
Reply to
Graham L

Hi GrahamL Try this link, I got it from this NG some time ago, it covers Metro and Mini eng nos, and IDs

's%20Corner/ArticleV.cfm Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

While someone else is asking about engine numbers has anyone ever seen this engine number before?

BHM1667E 17439B

Ive found mention of engine numbers starting with BHM, but never with the 1667 bit after.

Any ideas?

cheers

-anthony

Reply to