fitting cd/mp3

Hi all, firstly like to thank all for the various advice given for my last posts-most helpful and touch wood "billie" running fine at the mo! But its me birthda soon and i was thinking of getting myself a cd/mp3 head unit but not sure if i would need extra cables or adaptors etc. The model is an H+B CD5555. As usual any help appreciated! cheers!

Reply to
"paul s via CarKB.com

Put one of these in my Escort a couple of weeks back but used a convertor to adapt the ISO connector to the Ford Connector. I'm reasonably happy with it although I can't get the on/off switch to work when wired so it keeps the radio settings. (Just have to use mute).

The documentation (PDF) for your player that includes a wiring diagram is at

I put a JVC CD in my Son's Mini at Christmas it also had one of the ISO connectors I just found the cables I wanted in the connector and pushed them out. Then used them as female spade terminals so I didn't have to cut any wires. The connector can then be put back together if required.

Cheers

Reply to
TurboJo

I put a MP3/cd in my Audi, it was a medion one from aldi, was only 50 quid, looks straight forward & it should go in a mini no problem I recon,

Steve.

75 inni
Reply to
Steve68s

Reply to
nite fire

It's can't compete with a £200 JVC/Kenwood but exceptionally good value for what they cost. I bought it back in May I paid £67.80 including delivery from

I'm no expert but it sounds hell of a lot better than the 'top of the range' 1995 Ford kit fitted in my Escort and it plays CDs/MP3CDs. Presume if I changed the speakers it would sound even better.

Peter

TurboJo