front wing undershields

Anyone know where I can get some plastic front wing undershields and for how much? i saw the advert in mini magazine for some at Derek's Mini's but at £65 they are too much. Any other outlets known and do they fit properly

Cheers Martin

Reply to
Martin

What the Camlo Undershields?

Well I believe you have to check if their actually suitable for your Mini model/year because they can foul later components that got fitted to later models.

I do remember them being tested years ago and it was claimed back in the mid 1980's that if their not fitted properly (and the example kit didn't come with enough pins/nails or whatever to mount them effectively), then they can cause dirt and grime to stay behind the sheilds and then accelerate problems even more.

I guess waxoyling is generally the best option?

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

I like to remove the wheels every so often & check for rust, if alls ok remove the dirt, then wash, wax & polish under the wheel arches, grease up the suspension, adjust the breaks & put the wheels back on, sounds tedious but only needs to be done twice a year,

Steve.

Steve68s

Nice one Steve, the inno is looking good, do you fancy doing Castle Combe at the end of the month we have spare seats in the bus, or like me, go in the mini, how about you Taff Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Yes that Mini does look mint Steve!

And we hope to make Castle Combe if we can, if so it'll be great to see everyone.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Don't think I will be able to get to Castle Combe, I think I am working then, don't forget to take a helmet with you Fitzy!

Steve.

PS I aint forgot about them 60s motoring films, just can't locate them at present!

Reply to
Steve68s

Thanks for reminding me Steve, will pass on the reminder to the rest of our group, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Some may wonder why I have been quiet, i dunno why either, my server has been playing up and have been getting no posts from the group, now all of a sudden I am again weird...

hello anyway!

Reply to
Barspeed Beta Version 3.0

Why do you guys always hijack the threads?

Reply to
Turbo Jo

erm, okay, just saying Hello, wasnt as if i was taking over the plane or anything....!!

Reply to
Barspeed Beta Version 3.0

Sorry Turbo Jo, you are quite right, I started the diversion, and I apologise to Martin also,

Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Cheers

Reply to
Turbo Jo

No problem, I'll be at Castle Combe also, hopefully in my fully restored Mayfair plus some extras!

Cheers

Martin

Reply to
Martin

Hi Martin,

This sounds interesting, what extras,, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Stage 1

123 dizzy headlamp upgrade new carpets and headlining loads of welding white roof Tahiti blue

Reply to
Martin

What difference did you find with the dizzy, was it better ? Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Tahiti Blue, lovely colour both of them! So which one did you choose, the mid 1970's BL version or the 1990's onwards Rover metallic?

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

The Rover one, the jury is still out on the dizzy

Martin

Reply to
Martin