HELP ! Wiper switch

when detaching my wiper switch, the thing just popped open and the spring inside jumped out, I have no idea how to put it back together !

can anyone help ??

I don't have the Haynes manual yet, can someone look up if the info I need is in there ?

thanks in advance

Ferdy

Reply to
piercedpanda

that shouldnt happen, and the haynes manual wont show you how to rebuild it either..... Might just be easier to get a 2nd hand one, even if its to copy what your old one looks like to rebuild it that way, then youll have a spare?

Barspeed Beta Version 2.0

Hello Ferdy,

I didn't know there was a spring attached to the wiper motor park-switch, so do you mean the little clip that secured the park switch to the wiper motor has gone missing?

It is a fiddly bugger of a thing to reattach but why have you removed the park-switch anyway? If your wipers have failed to park themselves, then you do need to get a replacement.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Just a replacement park-switch that is!

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

the wipers park, so that's okay

i removed the swicth, because the unit where it is attached to moves around, so when I put on my directions, the whole unit just moves along (get it ?) i found out that the ring holding the unit to the steering thing is broken, I tried to remove the switch to get some more workingspace,

i guess I'll just have to go to the garage tomorrow, if I can't get it fixed...

Reply to
piercedpanda