How big is the fuel tank really?

Hi,

being the lucky owner of a new Mini Cooper S, I am somewhat intrigued about the "real" capacity of the fuel tank. The owner's manual speaks of ca. 50 litres, but when I filled it up last time, I had already 49 litres, while the fuel gauge stood at about 1/8 (in fact the warning light went just on).

So the question from the newbie is: how far can you seriously go without the risk of running empty or to damage the catalysor?

Thanks

Yves

Reply to
Yves

I'm not sure about liter capacity. In the U.S. I believe 13 gallons is the fuel tanks capacity.

Reply to
r8rh8r

On a Mini, the total is about 34 liters, but there is some dead volume at the bottom of the tank, so you rarely fill up more than 25 liters.

On a New Mini, I wouldn't have the faintest idea. You should ask on alt.autos.new-mini.

Reply to
Nicholas Bales

He can ask on here too as he has a Mini.

But for OP, try www.mini2 for more definite and quick answer if you indeed have the fantastic new Mini.

Reply to
OsiTech.Net

No he has something that thinks its a mini, but try as hard as it likes it will never be one

Karl

Reply to
Karl

Karl, poor chap just wants to know the size of the tanks is all, he didn't profess that he wants to be a Mini, etc

Now, I want a Mini but that's another thread.

Reply to
OsiTech.Net

So sorry Karl that I thought this group would cover the new MINI but I am confident that neither myself nor my new MINI would like to be a vintage mini.

Yves

Reply to
Yves

Try

alt.autos.bmw

Reply to
TurboJo

Or, alt.autos.new-mini

someone should know there!

Reply to
Howard Rose

or you may have over looked one thing, i guess being fairly new the thing should have all its paper work, there is normaly a small book called a handbook, look in it,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

And try as hard as you like, you'll still have a little dick, Karl.

Karl wrote:

Reply to
r8rh8r

yet an other off topic reply from a patriot of the new mini, only furthers my theory of the mental health status of new mini owners,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Heard something else interesting about this BMW hheap today. Someone went to a dealer to get a rear window on a ragtop replaced on one of these things. It cost £1800. Cannot be done whole ragtop has to be replaced!

keith

Nice ;-) I would expect a whole body shell for that,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

I didn't say anything about a new mini. Are all you old timers this stupid?

Steve68s wrote:

Reply to
Madmax

I was not replying to you you ;-)

Steve,

Reply to
Steve68s

In that case, I retract and apologize for my unacceptably bad manors.

Steve68s wrote:

Reply to
madmaxx

Bloody landed gentry jumping in with both feet ;P

The Muffin Man

Reply to
The Muffin Man

the bit I find amusing is that he describes himself a "lucky owner" of a BINI......guess my luck just dosn't run to a German wheelie Bin lol

rather stay with my 64 1071 S, 66 1275 S 68 Mini Jem 66 Deluxe 81 "hotrod" HL and 2000 Rover Cooper S Works....I know what will hold its value better LOL

funny thing here in NZ you can but 2nd hand BINI S for about 35K now (list at 55K), but a good original MK1 S can't be had for under 45K.....

Reply to
Tim