How It Should Be!

Hope this llittle link works:-

Taffy

That pic just proves how oversized the Bini is, HUGE!!

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

well doctored that photo, it all seems weird, and that Bini is far to close up behind that Mini, should be miles behind!

Reply to
Barspeed and his magical Mini

WRONG !!!

The Mini just nipped up the inside. He's lapped the BINI twice and they are still on the first lap.

;-)

Pedro

Looks to me like that yellow tonka toy needs to get out of the way. What is that, an ant farm? I prefer cars that are designed for the comfort of adult humans. Come on guys, lets go at it.

Reply to
madmax

How it should be,,,,but isn't.

Reply to
madmax

How it always is !

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Well that little sequence was proven on Top Gear a few years ago between a BINI Cooper S and a real 1960's Mini Cooper S and the real thing wiped it's arse with the BINI and left it for dead after the first bend. So that picture is close to the truth, except the real thing would be a great distance ahead in reality, so maybe as Pedro said it has just passed the BINI again twice!

Oh and at least there's room for a spare wheel in the boot of real thing and i'm over 6foot tall and find my Mini perfectly comfortable too!

Reply to
Taffy

My first test of a Bini was a Bini D, which I thought was an appropriate name really lol I was really surprised by the lack of room inside, even though my back seats dont fold down obviously to allow for larger room, with the seats folded up in a Bini, the boot space is actually smaller than in my Mini, also, legally, the Mini can still carry three adults on the back seat, but a Bini can only have two. Also, the front passenger can remain seated with the back rest pressed forward to allow rear passengers to get out.

Reply to
Barspeed and his magical Mini

If your mini's are so great, why is it that you keep saying the same old crap, over and over, about them? Sounds like an inferiority complex to me.

Reply to
madmax

There you go again, so much aggression, there really is no need for it, come on lets be friends...

Reply to
Barspeed and his magical Mini

I've got my sixth mini at the moment, got the old girl dirt cheap because she was in a right bad state, oil leaks, dodgy tyres, needed loads of welding, new rear subframe, brakes all round, the odd panel here and there etc etc. Mechanically she's perfect now except for syncro on second gear. Visually she's a right mess, still needs a few panels and REALLY will need a respray once I have the rest of the panels. Looks a RIGHT mess, but, as with every mini I've ever owned I love her to bits. She looks like a COMPLETE mess but I still feel proud driving her. I get waved at by every other REAL mini owner I cross and we both smile. The most I've ever paid out to get her through an MOT is about £125 in real money (that's about $240 in mickey mouse money)

Why is it that all REAL mini drivers always seem to be smiling whilst BINI owners look like they've having a chore ?

How much do you pay in repairs on a BINI ? Jeez ! How much is a service on one of the monstrosities ?

Inferiority complex ?? NAH ! We're having Fun :-)

Same old same old ??

Reply to
Jim

Sorry if you think that I have some sort of aggression. This is one of the highlights of my day. Coming to this newsgroup and laughing at you guys. Big men in little cars. Its just really funny.

Reply to
Madmax

No repairs as of yet. Even if there were, it is still under warranty. And I thought you guys had those dumb smiles because of embarrassment.

Reply to
Madmax

What makes you think that, after all according to one of your previous posts you've only seen 3 other REAL minis as of late that belong to 'friends' of yours. You know, the ones you go 'racing' with. Yet again you contradict yourself. Oh and while I think about it what racing license do you need in your state for racing a BINI ? Lets see how long it takes you to google up some answer !! If you're going to lie, you really do need a good memory, otherwise, you will expose yourself to be the idiotic, pompous liar you are.

You still didn't answer my question of how much a service costs you, what do you do ? get a post from someone, read one letter out of it and make up your own sentence ?

Jim

Reply to
Jim

On the Bini all my services have been free so far, as are the next two.

As for the rest of the herd, well its a mix of unexpected costs, grubby hands, skinned knuckles and swearing - normally.

Reply to
Brownz (mobile)

Yes and as a BINI owner no doubt you also get a free emergency service call out for when it bursts into flames too?

Reply to
Taffy

Well we have a passion for something that's very worthy, we're just rebels with a good cause but i'm not pointing out all it's world changing/beating factors yet again, but you know it's not half as funny as hearing from a Yank with a passion for the BINI, I mean come on that's just sad, no it's pathetic to like something that's so over priced and over rated and is a poor man's VW Golf, now that's not funny, it's down right hysterical. :O)

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

No we're just smiling with pride, plus the fact we can beat most cars around a roundabout or through traffic etc, then there's the fun, exhillaration and excitement we get from simply driving our cars too.

Reply to
Taffy

Yes.

But I think you'll find that it rarely happens, unless you have statistical data to show that the fat one is more prone to bar-be-cuing itself than any other car in the marketplace these days ?

My first car did this, a talbot samba, by f*ck I was pleased to see it go, made way for my first 1275GT, black with silver decals she was, and a lurverly little car.

Reply to
Brownz (mobile)