Inertia Starter motor? same as spitfire?

Trying to find out if the starter motors from a mini/spitfire 1500 are interchangeable? - I vaiguely remember someone telling me a while back when out in the pub.... Both are Lucas M35J type however seem to have different part numbers:

- Spitfire
- MINI They seem to be the same specification but i can't find any definite answers.

Cheers

Reply to
ash1293