Introducing ACME (Los Angeles)

The Los Angeles based Association of Classic Mini Enthusiasts is a new club for classic Mini and variant owners whose cars were built between August 25, 1959 and October 6, 2000. If you're more serious than the average bloke about the repair, maintenance, and driving of your classic Mini or variant, this might well be the club for you!

Meetings are held on the third Wednesday of every month at Me 'N' Ed's Pizza in Lakewood, CA, a traditional meeting place of Mini enthusiasts for several decades. If you think you might like to join us, the next meeting is on Wednesday, November 15th @ 7:30pm. Me 'N' Ed's is on the north west corner of Paramount and Carson. Use your favorite mapping site and search on Lakewood to get a map.

Charter memberships in the club will be available on a very limited basis, and total membership will be capped so that the venue will be able to offer comfortable private meeting space and adequate parking. We already have a dozen committed members, so be sure to contact us soon about membership to be sure of your acceptance.

Watch this space for more details including a link to what will become our information packed web site.

Michael J. Walsh - mwalsh(at)smad.com

Reply to
mwalsh

Sounds like a good club you have there across the pond!

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Thanks Taff. We've got high hopes for it.

The existing local club takes the NEW CAR and has gotten too large and unwieldly as a result. Between the total number of cars and drivers who are inexperienced in brisk driving on twisty roads, doing fun runs with them is now almost dangerous.

This new club aims to be more intimate and cozy. Runs will be limited to fewer cars and classic owners generally know how to handle their vehicles better.

Reply to
mwalsh

Well of course and the original/real Mini's handle so much better anyway.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

You might find this interesting too?:-

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Yep, we've already been up there to see it. Definitely needs a boat load of restoration. Hydro is fecked and it's right down on the tyres for a start.

Regards, MJW

Reply to
mwalsh

Well at least it's survived I guess, still I remember seeing a movie with him driving a Mini Cooper S around a race circuit with a dizzy blonde as his passenger. I'm pretty sure it was "Le Mans" (1971), but I don't think it was his own car or at least the one thats in the museaum now?

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Well at least it's survived I guess, still I remember seeing a movie with Steve McQueen driving a Mini Cooper S around a race circuit & with a dizzy blonde as his passenger. I'm pretty sure it was "Le Mans" (1971), but I don't think it was his own car or at least the one thats in the museum now?

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy