Mini Cooper 1.3 Wet Weather Probs

Hi, I've been having a poblem with my old mini (L reg) for a week or so now since we've had the wet weather. When I'm on the motorway it's running fine, however when I get on to the slip road and stop at the roundabout it cuts out when I pull off in 1st gear. The engine stalls and I have to restart it, not very good on the roundabout! Does anyone know why this could be happening?

-- Message posted using

information at

MG22

Check the dashpot oil level. This was happening to my Elf recently, and it turned out the dashpot was almost empty. Make sure you use the corect grade (ie 20/50 engine oil) in it, as too light an oil can be just as bad.

Reply to
Chris Bolus