Minivan Racer

Sometime last year, some one posted a link to a site with a blue Honda powered minivan, in some kind of saloon car race,

does anyone have the link Thanks Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Hi Fitzy

I asked my friend Richard King (VTec Mini Clubman) if he knew any links and he sent the following :-

Reply to
Pedro

Thanks Pedro, That's the site I was looking for, I'm having trouble finding the video of the van chasing

3 series BMWs and Astra GTEs ?? Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy
404 on the video links :(
Reply to
Mian

Sorry Mian, Pedro, all I get is this,

have had a few problems lately with my system,Maybe this is why I cant get the videos,Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Just had a look at his pickup and the ingenius use of front subframes at

think in the UK we may have problems getting that through the MOT ! Some fantastic work there though !

Reply to
Jim

Aren't the German regs much more strict? Why won't it go through an MOT?

I wonder how he works the hand brake. It is possible to fit rear drums to front drums by adapting them. That is how you make a trike using an a-series engine and still have a hand brake. He has also bolted the track rod ends straight to the frame using a short bar. I was thinking of fixing a piece the length of the steering rack in place. That is a much better idea!

My shell has had more panels replaced than that has! Admittedly they weren't just another car grafted on like that! I have replaced 2500 quids worth of panels on my pickup!

The Muff>

I think in the UK we may have problems getting that through the MOT !>

Reply to
The Muffin Man

Mainly I'm looking at the amount of inner wing cut away either side, I would have liked to have seen a space frame or similar around the whole lot, I'm sure he's reinforced it all somehow, I'll have to have a good look at all the pics when I've got some time. ... Infact

be just that frame !!As for the handbrake I would think that would be the usual Civic setup Wish I had the workshop space, infact I wish I had a workshop or a garage even !!

Jim

Reply to
Jim