Mystery Camshaft

I have a Camshaft that came with an assortment of stuff I was told it was a 286.

How do I tell what it is?

Is there a way of working it out on the bench?

Reply to
Turbo Jo

Hi Jo, should be stamped on the end , I think its the sprocket end, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Thanks,

I will take a look

Reply to
Turbo Jo

You can work it out on the bench - you need dial gauge and a degree wheel.

This may also be a regrind so there will be no marking on the end.

The 286 is the duration but there are exhaust and inlet durations as well as lift.

Just a comparison - IN/Exh and lift

Mild Street 263/270 .263/.270

Performance 270/280 .293/.315

Mild Street 270/276 .289/.292

Perf. Street 268/268 .312/.312 Hot Street 286/286 .319/.319 Vintage Race 296/290 .324/.321 Full Race 306/306 .324/.321 Race 286/286 .339

Reply to
Rob

Thanks I'll need to do that as there are no markings on the cam. I presume it is a regrind.

Cheers

Reply to
Turbo Jo