new mini shop needs a name!

Hi guys, you may remember me mentioning that i'm planning on opening a new mini shop in northamptonshire. I'm pleased to say that its all going well eccept for one thing, I can't think of a name to call it. I've thought up many different, wiered and wonderfull names but nothing seems to be quite what I'm looking for. Any suggestions would be great. I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!

Nathan

Reply to
Nathan Crawley

Well as long as you don't use the word "Mini" you should be alright, otherwise BMW will jump up and down in their Nazi boots and threaten to invade Poland and start WW3!

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

BritishMiniWarehouse - all one word, and when you answer the phone you can say "BMW, how can i help you?" ;) unless someone's done that already, in which case I'm done.

Gordon Welsh

LOL

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Very good "G" LOL you could add....BritishMiniWarehouseHelpAdminHelpAdmin, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

you could call it Cars Roor's After Petrol

Reply to
jacko

What an outstanding display of imagination, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

What's wrong with 'The Mini Shop' - other than the fact that you will probably get sued by BMW? Seriously, it's a real problem using Mini in the name. I'd go for it, though.

Reply to
David Betts

Is this a strange reference to a pod racer engine from Star Wars?

Your acronym needs work if you have to scrape the barrel this much to get words that fit your word. You should try something like 'tard'. If you repeat the word you get somewhere close.

The Muffin Man

Reply to
The Muffin Man

Or if you can't use the word "Mini" then call it "That famous little car that changed the face of motoring, was a roaring success in motorsport, completely classless, first truly modern car and now has it's name used to promote a big ugly German lacklustre hatchback Supplies" instead?

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Good idea Taff, but may piss people off when writing a cheque?

Also, Nathan mentions a 'new mini shop...'

I wonder if he means a New MINI shop or a new Mini shop?

The latter I hope

Reply to
Pedro

"Our Mini Shop" (meaning Small) or "I own a Mini" ( a Statement) or "My other car is a Mini" (again a statement) would these come under copywrite law I wonder, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

How about Northampton Mini-Minors or NMM?

Dont think BMW could do anything about this use of the Mini name as it is hiphenated.??

Reply to
Barspeed and his magical Mini

Reply to
Nathan Crawley

You are going to be busy, trying to fix all of those old pieces of scrap metal. Good to see that you will have supplies for the improved, German engineered model. Though it might take some time. I have had mine for four years without a problem.

Mark

Reply to
madmax

They have places like "Mini Marts" don't see BMW having a say in that venture.

Reply to
Rob

I didn't know he was opening a shop to fix old pieces of scrap metal? Mind you the BINI certainly falls into that category, because after all these years and no doubt millions spent on developing the BINI (what a waste!) it still can't go around bends anywhere near as fast as an original so I don't see the BINI as an improved model at all!

Oh and I've owned my 1990 Mini Cooper for 12 years without a problem too!

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Or Northampton Mini-Mania?

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Think these people might object...

Gordon Welsh

If people like our resident twit madmax own minis new or old they will rust, real minis need a little care & attention, as for the new Bini, who gives a f**K, look at this one, 31 years old & no rust at all, I wonder how many of today's BMW Binis will still look like new in 2037, me thinks not many, madmax says I live in the past, I am taking the past into the future........

Steve.

good luck with the mini shop.

Steve68s