new website

How pathetic can you get! What a little child. Nap time for the Tapster!

Reply to
Steve69F

One was a dark blue corgi Police Mini Van and the other was a Vitesse green MKI Mini and as they weren't boxed, I got them quite cheap and their in excellent condition though, so I was well pleased.

But yeah I got my red Corgi Mini 30 in the box with a certificate from the Mini 30 Birthday celebrations at Silverstone back in 1989. But prior to that I also got a yellow Corgi Mini City and then 3 Corgi Racing Mini's in a long box and i've not seen many of those around.

The one set I wish I'd bought was the Corgi Italian Job collectors boxset, featuring the 3 Mini Cooper S and it was released around 1994 I think and the models were better detailed than many of the later versions as that boxset had them with the 3 spot-lights in the correct positions. Mind you it cost around at least £25.00 back then and the cars are quite tiny, but I've seen them for sale now from a collector at shows for over £65.00 and I've not been to a Mini Show for some time, so god knows how much their worth now. Oh and I've searched E-Bay, but there's none available there or at least I couldn't find them.

Taffy

Hi, Yes, Taffy the prices asked for some Mini models is staggering, and I know that the later Italian Job set with the coach is now fetching over £150. I have one model in my collection, boxed, which has been valued by a dealer at £80. This model and a few others will be offered for sale on my site when I have got a sales page together. I will not be asking that much for it though. The police van you bought, is it the one with the policeman and dog?.

Keith

Reply to
xx

OOOH, goo goo The policeman and the dog. How about Barbie and Ken? Keithie, do you also collect firbies?

Reply to
taffie

No I got it cheap off E-bay and it wasn't boxed, so that probably explains why it's so cheap if it's missing the policeman and dog, but apart from that it's absolutely mint.

As for the Corgi Italian Job Mini's, well the ones with the bus aren't that old, I mean I remember seeing them in the shops quite recently. But their of the type with the rally bonnet mounted spot lamps, rather than the 3 lamps on a bar like in the actual movie and the rare box-set i'm after.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Well I finally managed to get an almost perfect replacement for the Dinky Mini Clubman I had as a kiddie back in the mid 1970's, so i'm now the proud owner of one with jewelled head-lights and number-plates too and I only paid 12 quid for it as it happens:-

And here is the little beauty for proof on item:- 7041977987

Anyway that "The Italian Job" Corgi model collection I was after has appeared on E-bay too, but the spot-lights aren't correct on those either as it turns out, but I think the Vanguards versions got them right?

Well here's that set, but i'm holding off for now as i've already bought too many models this month as it is! ;O)

But have you seen how much this particular set is going for?:-

Taffy

Just got back from the Banbury show. Nice model that!

keith

Reply to
xx

Well i'm planning on getting a nice little glass display cabinet for my front room and then i'll display all my favourite Mini models and that Clubman is one of them.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

I have two glass display cabinets, but as I have the models out during the summer season to take them to various shows, they do not always get put back in there in the winter. They are quite safe, though as they are all packed in trays between layers of foam. I have over 500 in all, so putting them back in the cabinets is a major job.

keith

Reply to
xx

Throw them in the fireplace and grow up!

Reply to
Fitzy

Well I haven't quite got 500 models yet, but I do hope to display a few of my favourites anyway.

Oh yeah and did you know the Corgi Beatles Mini based on George Harrisons Psychedelic Mini Cooper got withdrawn after his death, because they weren't allowed to use the Apple logo or something?

Well that bloody model is worth a mint now and i'm gutted I didn't buy one when they were readily available a few years back!

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Yes, Taffy, I've seen them on Ebay. Frightening!!. Keith By the way I see "shit-for-brains" has cloned your name.

Reply to
xx

Its to be expected my friends, the "shit for brains" is grasping at straws trying to attack individuals, and disrupt threads, I have learned to identify the genuine Taffy, His accent comes through in his posts, or should I say certain words used in sentences, could only be put there if your a Taff, SFB, can't duplicate that, no doubt he will clone each of us over and over, I wonder if he can talk like a scouser ;-) Just don't respond to any of his posts, "all rite there lar" KILLFILE is the answer, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

already done it!! Keith

Reply to
xx

And in Stereotypical Welsh fashion all I want to say is alright but and yes boyo, this is me talking Wenglish, so i'm off now to play a bit of rugby, then i'm going to sing in the local Treochy Male Voice Choir as i've just done a 48 hour stint down the pit and my wife has a bun in the oven for me too! Then i'm going to get drunk down the con club! LOL

Oh yes i'm definitely from the land where men are men and sheep are worried! ;O)

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Oh yes and i've just received another 2 models from E-Bay wins today, one's a Corgi Rally Mini Cooper (with rally mud effect) and the others a Solido Mini British Open Classic LE.

So my collection is building up very nicely too!

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Great stuff!! Keep at it and you will be surprised how quickly you can bui;d up a useful collection. I started about 18 years ago with about 6 models, and now I have over 500. Keith

Reply to
xx

Yes Fitzy i'm afraid your correct as my name has appeared a couple of times even though I'd posted nothing myself. But you all know very well I wouldn't diss anyone whose a real Mini enthusiast here!

Still it's something else to kill-file I guess boyo! ;O)

Taffy

Fitzy wrote:

Reply to
Taffy

But as you all know, I do diss everyone who disagrees with my way of thinking. That is after all the philosophy of this little news group.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

individuals,

There is another way to confirm wether the post is from "shit-for-brains". Check in "properties" and if the genuine e-mail addy is not there then it is the troll. You can killfile it, because the killfile works on the e-mail addy, and not the user name.

Keith

Reply to
xx

Oh wait.....I AM SHIT FOR BRAINS!